Go on a thrilling White water rafting trip on the Kelani River accompanied by a scenic hike in Kithulgala.
White Water Rafting is a challenging recreational activity and an exhilarating water sport. Yet contrary to the public belief, White Water Rafting is not a sport that demands great physical strength.An average level of physical fitness and a strong spirit would do. White Water Rafting, generally enjoyed in the white-waters as well as in other turbulent waters, brings about an enthralling experience to the water sport enthusiasts.Though the ability to swim is a definite advantage, a compulsory Personal Flotation Device will be provided, a necessary outfit for a White Water Rafting as it is guaranteed to save you from drowning if you fall overboard. Kithulgala hike like Sinharaja and It is 2 – 3 hours Trekking trail through the forest and you will experience Endemic Birds, fauna and flora in Kithulgala area.Total Trekking distance around 6 – 8 Km.
- Experience in water rafting
- Trekking the hike of kithulgala
- Transport by Air-conditioned private vehicle
- Service of an English speaking chauffeur
- Current applicable all government taxes & service charge
- Optional activity cost and Entrance fees
- Guide Service Fee
- Tips & Gratuities
- Any Private Expenses
- Free Wi-Fi in car*
- Mineral water bottle*
- Passenger Insurance for transportation*
Good to Know
- Take appropriate attire suitable for water.(a pair of shorts and a t-shirt will work)
- Bring an appropriate pair of shoes.
- Be sure to raft at your physical fitness (Please disclose details before participating – if you are suffering from heart problems, epilepsy or any other disease. Necessary arrangements can be made before hand.)
- Wear your life jacket and helmet even if you are a good swimmer and get it checked by our staff.
- Use suitable clothing for rafting.
- Ask straps for your glasses.
- Bring water proof bags or rent from us if you want to carry your digital camera or valuables.
- Respect the local culture and adapt to it in case it’s necessary.
- Listen and follow the guide’s instructions well.
- Don’t take alcohol before activities.
- Don’t wear jewelry or expensive watches.
- Don’t throw anything to the river.
- Don’t try to catch or obstruct birds along the way.
- Don’t put anything in your pocket.
- Don’t panic when you fall out! Follow instructions.
You will be picked up early morning from your hotel in Colombo to be driven to Kithulgala, , where you’ll enjoy a thrilling 3-hour rafting trip on the Kelani River! Though the ability to swim is a definite advantage, a compulsory Personal Flotation Device will be provided, a necessary outfit for a Water Rafting as it is guaranteed to save you from drowning if you fall overboard. Afterwards, go for a guided hike in the kithulgala Jungle. In the evening, return to Colombo.